FallFest 2020 – Oct. 5-9, 2020
TAPA is looking forward to hosting FallFest at the Gatlinburg Convention Center the week of Oct. 5-9, 2020. Here are a few notes about the conference.
On-site Registration: TAPA is currently accepting onsite registrations for FallFest. Per current COVID procedures, staff will not accept paper registrations onsite. Attendees must register online. Click here to access the online registration form.
Gatlinburg Convention Center: The Gatlinburg Convention Center is located at 234 Historic Nature Trail, Gatlinburg, TN 37738. There is not a dedicated parking lot for the convention center, but several public pay lots are located close by.
Schedule: Click here to view the schedule. All times are Eastern time. Conference registration includes a continental breakfast each day, three (3) complimentary luncheons, and morning and afternoon breaks.
Virtual Attendees: Individuals registered to attend FallFest virtually will be emailed links to access the lectures each day. Those who have not received the link should email firstname.lastname@example.org. Virtual attendees MUST LOG IN EACH DAY THROUGH THE LINKS AND CHECK IN ON THE CONFERENCE APP to verify attendance. “No show” attendees will not be submitted to the NCCPA logging system and will not receive CME certificates.
COVID Procedures: While it is impossible to eliminate the risk of contracting COVID, TAPA has implemented the following procedures to reduce the risk for our in-person attendees.
- Attendees will pass through a health screening each day as they arrive at the conference center. Temperatures will be taken, and no one with a temperature over 100.4 will be admitted to the conference center.
- Attendees will be expected to wear masks at all times, except during meal functions.
- Markings on the carpet will show attendees where to stand and direct foot traffic to encourage distancing.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be located throughout the conference for attendees to use.
- Seating will be spaced out in the lecture halls and banquet hall to promote social distancing.
- Self-serve food and beverage service will be eliminated.
- Only speakers and individuals registered to attend the conference in-person will be permitted to enter the convention center. Exceptions will be made for award recipients and their guests.
Registration Desk Hours: The Registration Desk will be open from 4-6 p.m. Eastern time on Sunday, Oct. 4. During the conference, the Registration Desk will open at 7 a.m. Eastern time each morning and remain open throughout the day.
Questions?: TAPA has been flooded with questions about the conference this year. To assist attendees, a list of frequently asked questions and their answers has been compiled. Click here for more information.
To access FallFest registration materials, click on the links below:
We look forward to seeing you in Gatlinburg!
Conference attendees with disabilities and requiring special accommodations or assistance should notify both TAPA upon submitting a registration and the hotel upon making a reservation.
UPCOMING FALLFEST CONFERENCE DATES
TAPA has contracted with the Gatlinburg Convention Center to host future FallFest conferences on the following dates:
- 2021: Oct. 4-8
- 2022: Oct. 3-7
- 2023: Oct. 9-13